“Hi. Sorry this was perhaps my biggest gap away from Blogging. I am back today with a simple and clear guest post explaining Online Threats To Computers and solutions.”
Viruses. Viruses are malicious computer programs that corrupt your files and hard drives to either steal important information from you or destroy your system or network. Trojan Horse is among the worst viruses to deal with because it invades your system deceptively. Worms are also a nuisance because they have the capacity to multiply and damage your entire network.
Spyware and Adware. These are also equally threatening malware programs that attack your system’s security. Adware is software that causes pop-ups that distract the user while browsing the web. Spyware on the other hand grabs your computer’s important data and passes it on to its remote computer.
All of these malicious programs could cause damage to your computer and its files or worse, hack your financial accounts or wreak identity theft to you and your family.
Top Internet Security Systems to Protect Your PC
To protect your computer and keep your personal data safe while browsing the Internet, you can rely on the following security systems and services:
- Norton Internet Security. Norton is known for its virus and malware detection ability, speed, and over-all excellence in providing the best Internet security. It is often pre-installed for free on new computers to provide a trial service.
- Kaspersky. Kaspersky provides both anti-virus and anti-spam components including firewall and “sand box” to let you execute suspicious files without damaging your system. However, it tends to consume a lot of your system resources but still provides a great service.
- McAfee. McAfee is also usually pre-installed in new PCs. It offers virus and malware protection but also tends to use a lot of memory which slows down your system.
- AVG. AVG provides an all-around defence for your computer’s system. It features anti-virus, anti-malware, and firewall constituents.
- Avast!. Avast! also offers anti-virus, anti-malware, and firewall protection. It has a real-time instant messaging scan feature as well as a “lock box” where you can safely store important files and folders.
- Avira. Although Avira had once had bugs and user interface issues, it could still be included among the top Internet security providers. Avira features a free-download bootable rescue CD so you can scan your system even if you can’t boot it.
- BitDefender. BitDefender is a great Internet security system because of its ease of use and high detection rate. Though it doesn’t include a firewall program integration, it’s nonetheless capable of performing in-demand and real-time scanning.
Other top Internet security systems you could use are F Secure, ZoneAlarm, and ESET.
In finding the most effective tool for your Internet security, the best option probably would be to choose an Internet security suite that encompasses all of your PC security needs.
Author Bio : Alex Topolino is an Internet security specialist who spent almost 10 years in government security service dealing with online threats. For the last 3 years, he’s been working with the engineers at Vistnet, developing state-of-the art DDoS mitigation solutions.